Documents successfully transmitted to the lawyer
Thank you for signing the documents. We have attached the mandate documents for your information. The lawyer will now start with your mandate.
What steps is the lawyer taking now?
You don’t have to do anything at the moment, we just want to let you know what tasks the lawyer will solve in the next weeks so that you can get the German citizenship as soon as possible.
- The lawyer submits the application for German citizenship to the competent authority.
- The lawyer will send you a copy of the application for your information. You will receive a file number from the attorney.
- The lawyer receives the lawyer’s receipt from the authority. This document ensures that the application has been made legally binding.
- The competent authority shall inform the attorney of the documents to be submitted.
- The lawyer sends you an email with documents that the authority needs. Please send a copy of all requested documents to the attorney by mail as soon as possible and in full.
- The lawyer forwards copies of all relevant documents to the authority in a legally secure manner.
- The lawyer contacts various other authorities to obtain the application for German citizenship.
- The lawyer solves legal problems as far as the authority does not want to approve the application immediately.
- The lawyer will inform you of an appointment with the authority. You must bring a biometric passport photo to this appointment and sign your German identity document in person. You can’t miss this appointment! The authority then prints the German identity documents.
- approx. 6 weeks after the appointment at the authority, you will receive the German passport and ID card directly from the competent authority.
The law firm takes care of everything.
Please check your email inbox regularly from now on so that the application process is not delayed. If the lawyer needs information from you, he will contact you by e-mail.